- Social Objectives, Teacher Incentives, and the Distribution of Student Performance, (with Y. Xu).
- Do Community-Based Development Projects Alleviate Poverty? Evidence from Rural China, (with J. Jia and Q. Cong).
- Vertical Fiscal Imbalance and Local Fiscal Discipline: Empirical Evidence from China, (with J. Jia and K. Zhang).
- Tax Incentives, Financial Constraints, and Firm Performance: Evidence from China, (with J. Mao).
- Internet and Income Inequality: Cross-Country and U.S. Evidence, (with J. Li).
- Democracy and Happiness: Evidence from Rural Elections in China, (with M. Ye and Y. Lu). In progress.
- Financial Development and the Composition of Public Spending: Theory and Cross-Country Evidence, (with B. Lu and Z. Chen). In progress.
- Flattening Government and Local Fiscal Discipline: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from China, (with J. Jia and S. Ding). In progress.